The Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS® is the Voice of Real Estate in Southern Oregon
Lisa A. Smyth
Data Services Director
Government Affairs Consultant
President & 2-YR State Director
President Elect & Alternate State Director
Past President & State Director
1-YR Director & 1-YR State Director
1-YR Director, SOMLS President & Alternate State Director
1-YR Director & Alternate State Director
Past President & 1-YR State Director
1-YR State Director
2-YR State Director
2-YR State Director
3-YR Director & Alternate State Director
Past President & Ex-Officio w/vote
RVAR President & Ex-Officio w/vote
The purpose of the Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS® is to:
- Unite those engaged in the recognized branches of the real estate profession.
- Promote and maintain high standards of conduct in the real estate profession as expressed in the Code of Ethics of the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Provide a unified medium for real estate owners and those engaged in the real estate profession.
- Further the interests of home and other real property ownership.
- Unite those engaged in the real estate profession in this community with the Oregon REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Designate, for the benefit of the public, individuals authorized to use the term REALTOR® as licensed, prescribed, and controlled by the National Association of REALTORS®.
Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS® Political Advocacy is focused on:
- Protecting private property rights.
- Promoting wise land use law and rule that balances the protection of private property rights with maintaining healthy communities.
- Highest and best use of the land and the wide distribution of land ownership.
- Creation of adequate housing, the building of functioning cities, the development of productive industries and farms, and the preservation of a healthful environment.
The Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS® (RVAR) is a trade association comprised of individuals who are engaged in various facets of the real estate business and are chartered by the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR). RVAR’s primary objective is to serve the interests of its membership.
RVAR strives to be the central source of real estate information and services within the community. We provide a central forum for the exchange of ideas and information and we attempt to build a strong, responsible, and unified voice in local, state, and national affairs. Through RVARs association with the Oregon REALTORS® and NAR, the viewpoints of our members and the owners of real property are represented in all levels of government.
The Southern Oregon Multiple Listing Service, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS®.
Chartered in 1926 as the Medford Realty Board, the Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS® (RVAR) is the professional association for more than 1500 real estate practitioners and affiliated companies in Jackson and Josephine Counties. RVAR was originally incorporated in 1951 as the Medford Board of REALTORS®, and more recently in 1997 as the Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS®, due to a merger with the Ashland Board of REALTORS®. RVAR is affiliated with the Oregon REALTORS® in Salem, Oregon, and the National Association of REALTORS®, the nation’s largest professional trade association, headquartered in Chicago.
What is known today as the Southern Oregon Multiple Listing Service, Inc., was organized in 1925 as the Medford Multiple Listing Service and incorporated in 1956. Over the years, it has grown beyond Medford and now represents Jackson and Josephine Counties along with some properties in counties throughout Southern Oregon. In 2020, SOMLS was a founding partner in the launch of Oregon Data Share, covering 9 counties in Southern and Central Oregon.