IDX and Data Feeds
Southern Oregon Multiple Listing Service Is A Partner In The Oregon Data Share
Displaying Oregon Data Share Listings On Your Public Website
Broker Reciprocity is a system in which participating brokers give each other permission to display their listings on each other’s public web sites. While participation is presumed, a broker may elect not to participate. Listings of brokers that opt out of the program are excluded from display on other broker’s websites and brokers who have opted out may not display properties listed by other brokers on their websites.
The participating broker (or Participant) is the primary principal broker within an office that participates in the MLS. There is only one Participant per office. Subscribers are all licensed agents affiliated with the Participant who are allowed access to the MLS.
SOMLS offers two methods for participating brokers to access the IDX database:
1. The Real Estate Transaction Standard (“RETS”) server where the IDX database can be retrieved. Access to the RETS server requires approval by SOMLS and the completion of the IDX Database Access Agreement.
2. Participating brokers may also access the IDX Database by framing a SOMLS authorized IDX website. Any broker intending to use any other method for downloading or updating the IDX database must obtain prior written approval of the proposed method from SOMLS.
For Subscribers, the only methods of accessing the IDX database is by linking or framing the Participant IDX website, using the IDX “Smart Frame” feature of the MLS, or using one of the pre-authorized SOMLS IDX vendors.
Data Feed Application Process
The Participant will contact SOMLS for the appropriate agreements and instructions. Documents received without prior Participant contact will not be processed.
Complete and sign the IDX Database Access Agreement, Exhibit A, and the “Intended Use” attachment to Exhibit A. Return these documents to SOMLS with a non-refundable application/set-up fee of $250. If the proposed use is other than IDX or a back-office application, Board of Directors approval will be required.
Once SOMLS approves the application for database access, we’ll provide access credentials. If you are using a third-party vendor, we will require you and your vendor to complete Exhibit C before we provide access. The monthly fee for the data feed is $30.
How to Get Your IDX Lite Link
As a member benefit, IDX smart framing technology is provided without extra charge for those agents who have permission from their broker to display IDX on their web sites.
- In the Flexmls Menu, search for IDX Manager and click on IDX Manager link.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Retrieve IDX Lite Link.
- Generate you IDX link. You can select your listings only or Quick Searches and use the drop-down menu to select the property type for the quick search. When you’re finished, Click the Submit button. Your frameable link will appear at the bottom of the page.
SOMLS Pre-Authorized Vendors
A signed broker authorization form is all that’s required if you use any of these pre-approved vendors by SOMLS. You may contact these companies directly, then contact us for the form.
Please call the SOMLS office at 541-770-7060 or email us to discuss your options before contracting for services that require a data feed from vendors not on this list.
What is Listing Syndication?
Syndication is an opt-in distribution of office listings to third-party real estate marketing web sites. For example, realtor.com and homes.com are syndication websites. Syndication opt-in/out may be selected in the Broker Distribution tab of the Add Listing function in Flexmls.
Where Will My Listings Be Displayed?
Member Brokers and their agents (with broker permission) may display Oregon Data Share listings on their websites via IDX.
Listings will also be distributed to the syndication sites realtor.com, homes.com, and ListHub based on settings under the Broker Distribution tab of the Add Listing feature in Flexmls. ListHub has a publisher list here.
Note: There is no longer a syndication option for Zillow. Zillow became a brokerage in 2020 and displays listings via IDX as a member of SOMLS.